Ok, I admit it, I have a man crush on Adrian Teacher, the lead singer of Vancouver’s Apollo Ghosts. Perhaps I am blinded by his ability to create sweet melodic punk-pop melodies that are stickier than a warm tongue on a frozen metal playground pole. Perhaps, it is the fact that Adrian Teacher is a teacher by day and Vancouver-indie-hero by night. Whatever it is, Adrian and his Apollo Ghosts can do no wrong. For years their releases have been tops on my playlist. With their newest release, Landmark, the Apollo Ghosts once again prove their talents are not an apparition. The two songs they carried over from their EPs, “Day of Glory” and “For What They Do They Do” fit perfectly alongside sprightly melodies like “Violet Margaret” or the title track “Landmark”. Oh, and while I am gushing, if you want to see a fantastic stage presence, go check out Adrian and his band live. You will not be disappointed.
- @vinylscrobbler Yep! Agree. 1 month ago
- @jjjennyo @tristentristen Brilliant show tonight. Thank you. 9 months ago
- ‘Drone Blues’ by Lights In Pairs on #SoundCloud? #np soundcloud.com/lightsinpairs/… 1 year ago
- My new sounds: While My Machine Slowly Howls soundcloud.com/lightsinpairs/… on #SoundCloud 1 year ago
- Arcade Fire's 'Neon Bible': Happy 10th Anniversary rol.st/2mmMsBM via @RollingStone 1 year ago